Athletics Opportunities at GMS
Tiger athletes have the opportunity to participate in organized sports all year. All our sports teams practice open membership, but students must not be failing any class, must maintain good attendance, and must abstain from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol use to participate. All athletes must participate in the student drug testing program. All athletes must also complete a physical and provide proof of insurance, concussion, and cardiac arrest documentation prior to participation.
Practices for our fall sports begin nearly as soon as, and sometimes prior to, the first day of school. If you are interested in participating on one of our fall teams, please click on the coaches name to email the coach for a practice schedule.
- Cheerleading - Courtnie Mollaun
- Cross Country - Kelsey Ubil
- Football - Nick Scalf, Nick Tremain, Derek Leiker, Matt McCool, Swede Steigerwald
- Swimming - Morgan Verkley, Neil Rullman
- Volleyball - Michelle Mattox, Michelle Standriff
Our winter sports season is short but intense, with games and meets nearly every weekend. Participating in winter sports is a great way to maintain your conditioning for spring!
- 5th/6th Grade Boys Basketball - Jimmy Meyer, Chris Goepper, Corey Elder, Zac Ballard
- 7th/8th Grade Boys Basketball - Nick Tremain, Noah Seamon
- 5th/6th Grade Girls Basketball - Baylee Blackburn, Casey Stoops
- 7th/8th Grade Girls Basketball - Ryan Knigga, Jason Redar
- Wrestling - Matt McCool
It’s spring! Get outside and join us!
Athletic Director -
GMS Assistant Principal - Brice Darling